Monday, June 1, 2009

Spending time with good friends

My weekend was fairly eventful in many ways. After Friday's Food and Wine fun at the CTICC, I was feeling slightly irritable on Saturday morning, especially since STBEH gave me a hard time because my Mom didn't come in to say hi to him and then proceeded to tell me how unsupportive my family was towards him. Funny thing is, I haven't really had much support from his family, although they did offer it, I feel it is only fair that they support him. But, of course, that doesn't get noticed...

Anyway, on Saturday evening I had the Hedge Fund Manager and her husband with their kids around for dinner and though it was lovely to see them (as always) the evening was somewhat marred by STBEH's mood swing, which is was later told was because we were speaking Afrikaans and he didn't understand. Anyway, to cut a long story short, I've decided not to invite any more people over to Wisteria Lane because I just can't tell what's going to happen next.

Funny thing is, STBEH is going to read this post and probably be in a shitty mood to me about this too. I simply can't win either way, but as I've said before, this is my blog and my emotional outlet, so if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!! To be honest, there's not a lot I do these days that doesn't set him off, so what's the difference anyway?

On Sunday we went to my other close friend, The Golf Estate Mommy (GEM), as the house was on show for the afternoon, so we had such a good catch up and natter about all kinds of things.

Over and above all of this I'm desperately trying to get rid of a tension headache that simply doesn't want to subside and it's driving me up the wall. Just to make matters worse, Miss Muffet has been having a few bad nights. I'm not sure whether it's teeth or just bad dreams, but waking up 3-4 times a night doesn't help, especially when you can't fall asleep again due to a banging headache!

Lastly, please focus all your positive energies on STBEH signing off the consent letter in the next day or so, so I can move things along to the next level. He doesn't understand why I so desperately want to move this forward when the house is still not sold, but I simply want to get on with my life and at least if the actual divorce process is out of the way, I'll be able to do this to some extent.

I hope you all have a great week!

Madge x

No comments:

Post a Comment