Saturday, May 30, 2009

Food and Wine Fun!

And boy, when I say fun, I mean it! I had a fabulous day with my Mom at the Good Food and Wine show on Friday at the CTICC. As ever, the show proved to be a great success with many scrummy food stalls along with loads of great wine stands.

There are a few particular stalls that stood out and I'd like to do a special shout-out to them. Firstly, a big shout-out to Morgan's Wines, who are my favorite wine merchants based in Tyger Valley. Lars and Francois are always ready for a good chat and to share a nice glass of vino collapso!

For lunch, I treated mom to some divine sushi prepared by the excellent chefs from Saul's (Sushi @ Vegas) and I even had the pleasure of meeting Saul himself!

Beautiful! I had the California roll (Salmon and Crab with Avo) and Mom went for the Tuna and Avo.

Then just to top things off, I tasted the most gorgeous White Chocolate Grappa (which is more like a liquer) and was totally blown away by this amazingly delectable treat, that I simply HAD to buy a bottle. It really tastes like white chocolate in a glass, but with a kick! Bonus!

If you're interested in obtaining your very own, then check out Profumi D'Italia. They have a host of distributors throughout the Western Cape and South Africa.

By this time, Mom and I were both fairly sozzled when we came across this packet:

When looking at it quickly, you would ask: "Yeah, so what's so good about this?" But read the packet, no, I mean, really READ it! "...With a Creamy Head..."?!? Well, we were in absolute hysterics over this. Fine, it might not seem quite so funny when you're reading this at your desk all sober and straight, but I'll tell you, it was hilarious at the time!

Madge x

No comments:

Post a Comment