Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Twitter virgin

I've been twittering for a few weeks now, but I've just realized that I'm still a Twit-Virgin when I clicked on the link for @MadgesLife and found messages from others that I'd never even seen.

The one message made me think. It asked whether I'd kissed any pigs lately. The reality is that I haven't really kissed pigs or frogs or ANYONE lately and it's something that I'm really starting to miss. I'm a very loving and tactile person and at the moment I think I'm killing my kids with the overflow of affection.

I must say, I'm really missing it. STBEH wasn't exactly the most tactile of people, but at least I could give him a cuddle or a hug and he would reciprocate, which at least made me feel loved in some kind of way - and now there's nothing. I suppose this all makes me want to push for this divorce to get done even quicker so I can perhaps go out and at least get a good old fashioned snog! Will I be cheating if I snog someone before the divorce is over?

Maybe it's just the fact that I've not felt loved for such a long time that it's finally catching up with me. Well, I suppose not finally, but certainly now that uhmmm, the physical side of things... is off the menu (and has been since January I might add) that I'm just feeling a little needy as far as that's concerned.

I'm sure I'll survive, but it still doesn't take away the desire and basic human need.

Bring on singledom!!!

Madge

3 comments:

  1. I don't think it's cheating. If you are very, very sure that things are over between you and STBEH, and he knows that it is over between you, then there is nothing standing in your way. Especially if you have already filed for divorce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That depends!! Situations and people can change. Rather wait till all is over and then start a clean new life. Never give STBEH any fingers to point to you. The world is a small place and people talk (unfortunately)... Also it is wise to be on the careful side where there is children involved. Rather indulge in a couple of girlie toys...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, what I twit to you was in response to you saying you were feeling under the weather, or a bit fluy... I was referencing the swine flu thing... anyway...

    ReplyDelete