Saturday, May 9, 2009

Sunny Saturday

What a glorious day! And I couldn't have started it on a better note than a back, neck and shoulder massage and pedicure. God a voucher for my birthday in December and only using it now. Well worth saving it. Just like a good bottle of red wine that you've been saving patiently in the rack only to be opened on a special occasion and appreciate leaving it just a little while longer rather than crack the cork on a pissed up evening when all the cheap stuff is finished and you're on a roll!

That was something that always really pissed me off. We'd have a braai with friends and then when everyone is really wasted, STBEH would open a really expensive bottle of something, whether whiskey or wine that has been saved or a beautiful bottle of French champagne that I would've rather saved for a celebration of sorts.

It's not that I'm stingy, in fact I love sharing with close friends, but what annoys me is when everyone is so wasted, they don't really care or appreciate it and then the good stuff gets hauled out.

Anyway, went to a kids party this afternoon and just going to chill out at home tonight after making it crystal clear that a romantic dinner was NOT going to happen. I had the opportunity to tell STBEH exactly how much his latest efforts and gifts have upset and angered me. He is of the opinion that he has learnt his lesson and changed. I, on the other hand, am not convinced.

The good thing is that the important conversation has been had and he has agreed to my settlement demands (they are VERY fair). So, this week I'll get my solicitor to draw up the agreement and get the show on the road!

It's amazing how many women I know have been coming to me and saying how much they admire my strength to do what I'm doing as it is something they've wanted to do for some time, but couldn't summon up the courage for whatever reason. I don't want to be that woman who regrets not doing something and looks back at an unhappy life. I think I have the best years of my life ahead of me and intend to make the most of it!

Today again, just a random woman in the Fruit and Veg market started talking to me and told me that getting divorced was the best thing she ever did. Life is just too short!!!

Anyway, my wine is calling. I think if tomorrow afternoon is as stunning as tonight, Caprice will be a pearler, so might just do the whole sunset thing...

M x

1 comment:

  1. Hi girl, what happened?? Were missing your daily update. Have u decided to go solo and not share your exciting life with us. Im a keen follower!! You give us normal boring people something to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete