Friday, May 8, 2009

Next up: The Romantic Dinner

I could feel it coming yesterday... that sore, scratchy feeling in the back of your throat, dodgy headache and stiff neck started at some point in the morning with an annoying sniffle. Today it is here for good and I feel like poo. If it's not the one thing, then it's another.

At least I'm at home and don't have to infect all the people at work. While I'm on the subject, I just wanted to do a quick shout-out to the homies, Teddy Bear, Crazy Chick, The Poker Pro, The Body Builder, The Writer and Music Man - you all know who you are. There are a few others too, I'm thinking of you all!

Oh, so last night STBEH tells me to keep Saturday night free. "Why?" I asked. "We're going out", he replies. My next question comes warily, "Where?". "We're going out to dinner. I've organised a baby sitter and booked a table". My heart sinks. "I don't think so", I say, feeling both annoyed and sad.

Do you know that he has NEVER since the kids were born arranged dinner out for us or booked a sitter and table without me initiating it and at least booking a babysitter if not the table too! Why now all of a sudden when the thing I'd least like to do is have a nice romantic dinner - with him, that is...

I must say it's all highly frustrating. He has been trying to change my mind, but the reality is that he's making it all worse for himself.

Anyway, have a couple of things happening this weekend, which is nice. Also, looking forward to spending some time with my Mom and The Fiery One on Sunday. The three of us are having Mother's Day lunch. Guys, if you have a partner and kids, no matter how young, please don't forget to just acknowledge their hard work as a mother on this day. I never get that acknowledgement and have been disappointed year after year. Fortunately this year I won't be disappointed, because for once I'm not thinking, "Maybe this year he'll remember and get something nice from the kids like a hand made card or breakfast in bed". If you don't expect or hope for it, you can't be let down. Simple.

Hope you all have a good weekend and that the sunny weather that's forecast for this weekend gets you all out and about and enjoying al that Cape Town (and wherever it is you are) has to offer.

Madge x

1 comment:

  1. hey hey! Still here and still reading ;)



    Mus/Man

    ReplyDelete