Friday, May 1, 2009

Staying in bed...bliss

It all started with intermittent chest pains that gradually got worse as the day progressed yesterday and by mid afternoon I was in serious pain and really not coping. So, after making several phone calls to GP's who had either taken the afternoon off for an extended weekend or alternatively were fully booked, I rocked up at the local hospital to be checked out.

I was actually feeling so bad, The Fiery One had to drive me there. Anyway, a short while later I leave with the news that I have got pneumonia, to stay in bed and rest! Aaargh! Perfect! This is how I get to spend the long weekend.

On the one hand it's nice to just be able to have a legitimate excuse to stay in bed and rest, but the flip-side is that STBEH is taking this opportunity to be nurse, carer, childminder and cook. Now while you may think this is sweet, it's actually extremely agitating as I truly believes he thinks he can now prove to me just how wonderful he is. I don't think I've ever seen him be so attentive and patient with me and the kids. Isn't it amazing how a divorce can either bring out the best or the worst in people?? In my case I'm getting both sides depending on whether I'm dealing with Dr. Jekyll or Mr. Hyde.

So while you all enjoy the long weekend think of me stuck in bed. I will be catching up on some reading, so not all is lost, but hope that I regain some strength before the end of the weekend to have yet another serious and important divorce discussion so as to chivvy things along again! Wish me luck!

Madge

No comments:

Post a Comment