Friday, May 22, 2009

Golf day fun

Yesterday I helped The Fiery One out on her company's annual Golf Day, which is in fact a countrywide tournament with the 3 winners of each leg going through to the final weekend at Sun City in August sometime.

I helped out last year and when she asked me to join in again this year I simply couldn't refuse! Set in the gorgeous Boschenmeer Golf Estate, the weather, though threatening at first, turned out to be absolutely divine and once the registration was taken care of, we got into our golf carts and tore the course apart trying to get to all of the players with 'liquid refreshment' in the form of Jaegermeister, Sambuca, Springbokkies, Sours and Schnapps.

We had several comments that the players' games tightened up beautifully after our little visits, although there were one or two who blamed us for everything falling apart.

Trick is that we were expected to have a shot every time, which did eventually start to catch up with us, but on a positive note, I drove this time, which meant that we didn't get into trouble with the green keeper like last year for driving over his greens... Ahem...

I'm almost convinced to give the game of golf a go now, although I've always had the opinion that golf ruins a good walk... Apparently it is very therapeutic and challenging as you're playing against yourself. I suppose you've got to give something a go before totally writing it off, so if any of you are good golf instructors, let me know!

So a fun day was had by all and after all that I had to return to reality. Tomorrow it is STBEH's birthday and I have no idea what he wants to do for the day, but I'm popping out shortly to pick up a little something from the kids for daddy.

Hope you all have nice weekends and that I don't have too much drama for my weekend, although I'm not banking on anything.

Enjoy!
Madge

No comments:

Post a Comment