Monday, May 11, 2009

Marvellous Monday Morning

Sorry I didn't get round to posting yesterday, but I had a rather full day, which is a good thing! The Fiery One picked the kids and I up mid-morning and off we trundled to my Mom for Mothers Day lunch. Mom outdid herself yet again with an outstanding meal. Real 'boerekos'!

I had a bit of a rest when the kids had their nap as I had a bad night's sleep the night before, but that's a whole other story.

Anyway, from there popped round to a friend's and we had a couple of drinks while watching the most beautiful sunset before going to the One and Only hotel at the Waterfront. I must say, it's a very nice hotel and all very impressive, but I was a little disappointed in a few things. The first I must say is having drinks in their main lobby area, the waiters and waitresses were wearing these awful green jackets that looked ill-fitting and more appropriate for rubbish bin collectors. Secondly, we asked for some snacks to nibble on - NOTHING! The best they came up with is a cheese platter (which was very nice) and some miniscule fish cakes which really could've only fed a gold-fish...

Obviously, I don't know what the rooms are like, and it looks like the outside areas can be nice on a balmy summer evening, but the inside isn't nearly as plush and warm as you'd imagine it to be. The only other positive, and this is really going to surprise many of you, considering that between us we had 5 cocktails, the cheese platter and fishy thingy's the total bill came to about R270! Hats off to the guys at the One and Only hotel there for not making everything so totally unaffordable for our Rand earning South Africans. Liked the valet parking too, very nice.

On another note, thanks to all of you out there who are reading on a daily basis and supporting me with comments of encouragement. It really means a lot to me and don't worry, I'll keep posting. Sorry I've been a bit crap these last couple of days!

Oh yeah, and a last note, turns out STBEH knows about TITL, so "Hi!" to yet another reader, who can maybe take something out of this for future use!

Madge xx

2 comments: