Friday, May 29, 2009

Attracting sh*t

I thought I'd get on here early this morning as I'm off for the day and taking my Mom to the Good Food & Wine show at the CTICC today. When I told Mom I was taking her I thought she was going to wet herself as she's a real foodie. Whenever she comes to visit she always watches the BBC food channel (she doesn't have DSTV).

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to it as it's usually a great day out with lots of great nibbles and let's not forget the fabulous wine aplenty. Yummy yum-yum! And with the weather the way it is today you certainly want to stay very much indoors.

On a very different note, last night something yet again caught my attention - for once not at my cost. I've often been accused of being harsh on friendships, because I tend to cut people out of my life with great ease if I feel that they don't deserve my friendship. However, this leaves me with a very select group of people in my life who not only enrich me but are also people who's lives I can have a positive effect on in my own little way.

I have this belief that you only need a handful of close friends, the rest are mainly acquaintances, however that handful of special friends are people I would go to the end of the earth for and I know they would do the same.

I also believe that if you mix with shit, you'll attract shit in more ways than one...

So, I'll simply leave you with this thought: If you have a 'friend' in your life who only tends to bring negativity into your life, who never calls or makes any effort whatsoever or constantly has an issue of one sort or another, don't make a fool of yourself and stick with the friendship. There are many other people out there who would love a loyal friendship, so kick the 'shit' out of your life.

And, if you're the friend who is too self-important to pick up the phone or make an effort, you can look forward to a long and lonely life.

Madge

1 comment:

  1. Yo! Totally agree with you on cutting out the bad people in your life. It is hard to tell someone who you've confided in for years, shared great moments with, shared bad moments with, cared for, gone out of your way for, and loved, to actually tell them to please get the fuck out of your life and mean it. Once you've had enough of a rotten friendship, and you decide to cut all ties with them, you realise a few weeks later how much better you life is without them though. Thanks for the reminder about the food and wine festival! Enjoy your second mothers day!

    ReplyDelete