Monday, May 18, 2009

Definitely, Maybe

Last night I was so sad. I watched a film called Definitely, Maybe in which a man tells his young daughter the story of his past experiences with love, including her mother and two other women (see trailer below).

There were 2 things that got me about this. While the dad is in the process of getting divorced from the girl's mother, he very poignantly tells her that the story had a happy ending - that happy ending being the little girl.

I know that I am so blessed to have two beautiful, perfect and bright children and they will always be my happy ending.

The other thing that got me was how sad I am about all of this. The day I said, "I do", I truly believed that I wanted to be with this person for the rest of my life. There were so many happy times and I loved him so very deeply.

Getting divorced is definitely not how I envisaged my story to end and it has broken my heart. Over the last year, slowly, but surely we've drifted apart and over time my love faded away until one day it finally vanished as if in a puff of smoke when harsh words were spoken.

There are no winners when it comes to divorce (other than lawyers, that is). And no matter what, it's not nice, but now again, I'll have to dry my tears and continue with the process which I never wanted, but now truly believe is the only way forward.

Madge

1 comment:

  1. So sad but so true. Good luck to both of you.

    ReplyDelete