Sunday, May 17, 2009

Tired and drained but fun was had

Indeed, a lot of fun. I had a beautiful Sunday lunch at The Fiery One's place today of lamb shanks, luvvely wine and good company.

Saturday was the perfect day to go out for The Artist's birthday drinks. We merely watched the rain pound down at our very quaint venue Ons Huisie in Blouberg. Well, I say we watched the pouring rain, when in fact we were having several Tequilas and numerous laughs - just what I needed!

The atmosphere at Wisteria Lane has been rather uncomfortable after my visit to the lawyer, but then again, that's to be expected, I suppose. At the end of the day, I'm getting divorced and with that comes a lawyer, so it should be expected, but, of course, all the guilt trips were offered as if in one of those fancy, glossy travel brochures you get at Flight Centre. At this rate I'll be travelling around the world in a lot less than 80 days!

Ooooh, I have a question for you: Have I been slagging off STBEH or saying nasty things about him on here? Personally, the way I see it is that I've merely been giving a fair opinion on my emotions and explaining how I feel about certain situations, however according to him, I've been very nasty.

It certainly isn't my intention, however the reality is that this is my personal blog, which is ultimately MY therapy and emotional outlet. I'm even using pseudonyms in order to protect people's identities. So if it's too much to deal with then please don't read it. And I really don't mean this in a nasty way, but I'm not seeing a shrink, so while you may think this whole ordeal is easy for me, it isn't and this is how I'm dealing with it.

Anyway now I've got that off my chest, this week is sure to be a busy one. I'm taking my car in to the panel beaters tomorrow morning to fix the last few (mainly electrical) faults that have been lingering ever since a very annoying accident in February. My outside temperature gauge reads a constant -40 degrees. Now, I know it's been slightly chillier of late, but not quite THAT cold! And a couple of other little things, like squealing brakes, etc.

Chat later
Madge xx

PS: Oh yes, and I have to try and get to the gym sometime...

No comments:

Post a Comment