Saturday, May 2, 2009

No more 'Family' outings!

For some reason this morning I got it into my head that I was feeling much better from my pneumonia - BIG mistake! So, I suggested taking the kids to the aquarium - by myself!!!

Needless to say, next thing I had STBEH wanting to join us... I said that this wasn't exactly what I'd had in mind, so this is the conversation that ensued:

Me: Well, I don't really fancy that.
STBEH: Why not? We're still a family, you know.

Me: Not in my mind.
STBEH: OK, so you can walk with Miss Muffet and I'll walk with Prince Charming.

Me: Yeah right, that'll really work out.
STBEH: And we don't have to talk.

Me: You really don't get this, do you??
STBEH: Well I don't see why you need to be this difficult!

Me: And I don't see why you have to be so f*cking blind to what is happening!!
STBEH: Mumble-something-I-cant-work-out-and-don't-give-a-fuck-if-I-could...

Anyway, the result was that I dropped them at the aquarium and went off to buy something I needed when I realised that I was in fact about to collapse from being unwell. Note to self: Pneumonia is serious, so don't overdo it!!!

I'm one of those women who believes she was, in fact, Wonder Woman in a previous life. 2nd Note to self: You're just a plain human being, nothing extra-normal. Get over it, bitch!!!

Reality is I don't have her boobs. I should've worked it out from that in the first place...

I was just about to post this and then remembered another rant I simply had to share...

One would think that being together for 7 years would mean that the other party would know what you like, such as your favorite chocolates, what you like to order from KFC, etc??? Or am I really missing something here???

This just goes to show EXACTLY how little attention STBEH has been giving to MY very basic needs. Yesterday he went to pick up some KFC as a 'surprise', obviously saving me (and him) the job of cooking. So, if you want to do this, then you get someone what they REALLY like?! Oh, and I got flowers and a box of chocolates. This is all very out of the ordinary...

Phew! Now I've got all of that sorted and off my chest, I feel I can breathe much better already!

Madge

2 comments:

  1. Shame Madge. Take it easy please. (This is you concience speaking). Perhaps when you get better you should take a trip to a retreat alooooone for some R&R to deal with everything. The anger is manifesting in your body dude........ Seriuosly tho take it easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Triga,

    Thanks for your concern. I agree, I do need the rest and that the pneumonia is pretty much my body telling me to take a break. Funny thing is that STBEH also said that. I tend to internalise things very much and this is how it manifests itself. Not good, but at least I'm listening now.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete