Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Looking good, feeling so-so

Well, I say so-so, at least I'm feeling a lot better than I did yesterday, but the stress levels at Wisteria Lane are running rather high.

STBEH (that's Soon-To-Be-Ex-Husband for those who don't want to read all the way back) has been trying desperately to get onto my Mac for some reason, which I can only put down to wanting to go into my email or internet history or whatever. He's being quite relentless in his attempts and it's getting a bit tiring to get to it every time and see he's clicked the 'Password Prompt' button yet again.

Funny thing is that yesterday I briefly stepped away from the Mac to put Miss Muffet to sleep and lo-and-behold, who was standing behind it reading a Skype chat to my friend in Dubai?! Yes, you guessed it! Admittedly, the chat was rather interesting and, let's say, colourful, but after this, the atmosphere changed again from liveable to downright unpleasant.

I know it is difficult for him to deal with this. And to be honest, it's very difficult seeing him fall apart practically in front of my eyes, although I'm not sure exactly how much of it is manipulation, but it's really starting to take its toll on me too - and I have a suspicion that Prince Charming is being somewhat affected by it.

I didn't tell you the story of when STBEH thought that Prince Charming (PC) was blissfully watching a movie in the bedroom a couple of Friday nights ago. He was angry because I'd been to see my lawyer and started a MAJOR shouting session with me (he shouted, I just sat and stared). Next thing PC came out of the bedroom, straddles me and puts his little hands over my eyes saying: "It's ok mommy, I'm hiding you, daddy can't see you, daddy can't shout at you." Every time STBEH started to raise his voice at me again, PC would just put his hands back on my eyes and hide me.

FUUUUUUUUUUCK!! If that doesn't get you, nothing will. So, STBEH tried, in vain, to get PC to either go back and watch his movie or go to bed, so he could resume his shouting session, but PC absolutely refused. He simply wouldn't move off me and kept kissing me and holding my face. Now, do you want to tell me that it's not affecting him?? I beg to differ.

Anyway, back to today, I had my hair done and neatly trimmed this morning and I feel great again. It's amazing how much better it can make you feel. I'm hoping to get to the gym a little later on, although am concerned that getting all sweaty is going to ruin my neatly dried hair. Why is it that I can NEVER dry my hair as nicely as they do at the salon???? Very annoying!

Madge

5 comments:

  1. I think from this latest post you really have to move out, for everyone's sanity especially the kids. Tensions are high in a normal household after a fight and this seems to be a 24 / 7 assault. I dont think you are doing anyone any good by sticking around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, I agree, but for as simple a reason as finances, I cannot move out. Sad thing is, if I had an extra R5,000 in my bank account every month I'd be able to do it, but unfortunately I have to wait for the house to be sold until I can make a move. The sad reality of my situation...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The story brought tears to my eyes. PC is such a fragile sensitive intellegent child. Give him lots of love and tell him that you love him. Keep him confident with all your love and attention.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the first post. To put your children through that is not cool. Children need stability and shouting in their home will affect them more than they let on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. STBEH, if you reading these comments then you should catch a wake up!!! Putting your kids through this is bad enough, but if you witness what PC was doing then maybe you should realise that it IS affecting your children. Kids are like sponges and soak everything up. You are potentially affecting your child emotionally and this can have a lasting effect.

    Face the facts...now build a bridge and get over it.

    Ps: Madge, if I had R5000 I would gladly give it to you.

    ReplyDelete