Thursday, May 7, 2009

Big decisions

Well, I've certainly had a couple of rather interesting and emotionally testing days. I've had to make a very big decision that will have a major impact on my life, but one I will use to my advantage nonetheless. The thing is that I try to see the positive side in any negatives that are thrown at me and deal with things in a way that makes me see the silver lining and so I will most definitely turn this situation into something great.

Fortunately for me I don't dwell on things for long and once I make an educated decision I stick with it. I certainly know it's not the decision that many other people would've taken if they were given the choice, but pride is very important. Don't let pride get in your way though and know when to be humble, but also don't let life and it's obstacles get you down. Sometimes life can be unfair, but there's always a yin/yang situation and what goes around most definitely comes around. Walk with your head held high and if you believe in your heart of hearts that you are good and right, then no one can take that away from you.

Anyway, these things make you stronger over time and make a better person of you. This all reminds me why the 'little' people in life will always stay little if they keep trying to bring those down who are bigger and better (on an emotional level) than them. They might feel that they have had major achievements by telling the teacher that someone has passed on cheat notes in an exam when it was in fact a love letter during normal class time or when a mediocre artist slags off his superior counterpart of being unoriginal when he's merely being jealous of their outstanding work and realising that his own works will never amount to anything more than proverbial stick-men. Though art is in the eye of the beholder, each piece still carries some level of charisma and this is an attribute that not many people have in this life of ours.

There's not a lot else I have to say today as I'm in a weird frame of mind (as you can probably tell from the above ramblings), but I did want to drop you all a line to let you know what's happening in this life.

Madge xx

1 comment:

  1. Stick to it girl. The hardest decisions often bring the biggest rewards. Kind of been where you're at now. Hardest thing ever and thought it would never end but am now on the other side and things couldn't be better. Took time, tears, despair, worry, anger etc...I lost a lot of things through it all (mostly money)but I realised what's important in life and, in the end, gained far more than I lost. I'm sure the same will apply here. Good things eventually come to good people.
    Don't always have time to post comments but I check the blog daily so please keep it up!

    ReplyDelete