Monday, June 8, 2009

A busy week lies ahead

Well, well, well, I hope you've all had nice weekends. Mine was not too bad. I went to stay with The Fiery One on her boutique wine farm with my Mom and the kids. It was all very chilled and pleasant and really nice to be out of Wisteria Lane's tense atmosphere (yes, it's tense even when things are ok).

The only thing is that I didn't sleep well at all. I had the kids in the room with me and they just didn't stop fidgeting all night long. Took Miss Muffet to a party on Saturday morning and gave Prince Charming to STBEH.

Saturday evening we had the Pyjamas & Pearls dinner party, which was a huge load of fun. We were 7 ladies and after having a fair bit of wine, started to play hilarious party games involving tooth picks, animals and dodgy diseases...

Oh yes, I thought I'd mention that I received the letter from STBEH's lawyer on Friday afternoon shortly before leaving. It really did make me laugh. Apparently it seems, STBEH feels that the marriage HAS'T irretrievably broken down and has instructed his lawyer to write to my representation to this effect. The suggestion was that we attend marriage counselling as STBEH is STILL (YES, STILL) convinced that the marriage can be saved.

Now, I'm not a lawyer, so don't have an expert opinion on any of this, however as my lawyer pointed out, legally, if one party feels it has broken down irretrievably, then this is the case. So, it would seem that STBEH has ended up with lawyers, who either don't know what they're on about or are mere sharks and are simply playing along so they can milk him - you decide.

Funny thing is that we used this law firm before when we were purchasing the house. They were supposed to set up a very standard legal document for us, which they managed to cock up twice!!! You do the math...

The question I'd like to pose to all of you today is: At what point do you think STBEH will realize and accept it's all over? What more can I do to make this sink in?

Right, I'm off now, have a few things to get on with before going to a client meeting which will keep me occupied all afternoon.

Enjoy the week!
Madge x

No comments:

Post a Comment