Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The ex-wife speaks up

Yes, you read it right. It turns out that STBEH contacted her for a chat and I've subsequently had a long and very informative email from her, which basically echo's everything I've been feeling so far, but also explains a little bit more about what went wrong there. Funny thing is, I could've written that email (well not all of it, but from what went wrong in the first place...).

Anyway, it just reaffirms the fact that you can't teach an old dog new tricks and that I am doing the right thing. Not that I was questioning it anyway. Thanks ex-wife for contacting me (apparently she also knows about the blog). I genuinely appreciate it.

Something else I want to briefly touch on is that I've received a little bit of flack over the last couple of months about writing this blog. People saying that I should rather keep this private etc.

I've certainly had my moments where I've thought the same thing, but then I've also had so many emails and comments of positive support and from people who've been in similar situations and got through the other side or women who are still in these situations and wish they had the guts to do what I'm doing now.

So, to those of you who don't agree with this, if you don't like it, then don't read it. As it turns out, I'm getting what I need out of this and the fact that people have been spreading the word about it for whatever their reason means that I'm striking a chord with someone out there.

I'm always open to comments about what I have to say and I can deal with negative ones too as long as they're fair, but once again, it is your choice what you read. I also have a sneaky suspicion that some of STBEH's family members are reading this for which I'm grateful, because at this point in time you're only getting one side of the story and I can honestly say that I'm not even telling all on here.

Madge

1 comment:

  1. I think it's great that you have a place where you can vent and tell your side, and you shouldn't let anyone bully you into shutting up if you have something to say.

    Wish I had though of blogging when I went through my divorce, instead I just whined off half my friends' ears over many bottles of red wine.

    ReplyDelete