Thursday, June 4, 2009

Hitler cats

Hi on this rather chilly and wet day. I hope you're all keeping warm and healthy. I've got a minor throat infection and sound rather sexy this morning in an I'm-about-to-lose-my-voice kinda husky way, but nothing too serious.

I'm a huge fan of Graham Norton and when a friend pointed out that his show airs on the BBC Entertainment channel every week night at 22:30 (DSTV 120), I've been watching it religiously.

I had such a chuckle at last night's show with Eddie Izzard, a transvestite comedy act and Harry Shearer who is the voice behind several of The Simpsons characters like Mr. Burns, Principal Skinner, Dr. Julius Hibbert and Ned Flanders, to name a few.

Although the guests were extremely interesting, what made really made me laugh was the segment about Cats That Look Like Hitler! This site is dedicated to, well, cats that look like Hitler! Mainly these cats have a little black mark under their noses, which represents the famous Hitler moustache (as seen below), also known as the Toothbrush Moustache as flaunted by others like Charlie Chaplin and Sam Waldron (the mobile shop owner in Postman Pat). (I know, really random!)

Or a more recent version that's been floating around the internet...

Hee-hee-hee!

I personally think it's really funny. As a cat-lover myself I don't really see the point of it, but then I don't feel it's offensive either. At the end of the day it's like any website and I say this even of TITL, if you don't like it, it's as easy as a click to navigate away from the page, but if you do check out the site, do yourself a favor and check out the section titled 'We HATE kitlers' - highly entertaining.

Now, just to navigate away from the whole moustache thingy, I mentioned that Sam Waldron from Postman Pat fame also had a toothbrush moustache and found this rather amusing little clip whilst doing some research.

Note: 'You get to see Postman Pat having a pretty bad day. (Strong language. Warning sensitive viewers you may get shocked by the explicit contents.)'

Oh how we larfff!

Madge x

No comments:

Post a Comment