Thursday, June 25, 2009

Just what I need!

Or NOT, as the case may be. Decided to do my good deed for the day last night, by going to the local town hall to donate blood. Once there, they tested my haemoglobin levels (iron) and it turns out I'm anaemic.

I must say, I find this quite odd as I follow a healthy diet and exercise regularly, but then again, with all the stress and everything else going on, you just don't know what can go wrong in your body.

I've never had this problem before, but I've heard that iron replacement tabs can wreak havoc with your body, making you very constipated. I have definitely been a bit more tired than normal, but have been putting it down to all the stress and tension at home.

Anyway, they've taken a sample and will write to me with the results from this, so let's hope there's no underlying reason for this. I really don't need to worry about my health on top of everything else right now.

Here's a funny story:

While baking pancakes last night, I remembered a trip STBEH and I made to the local Municipal offices to sort something out. We both had to provide our ID books and while we were filling in the form, the lady behind the counter took copies of these ID's.

Upon her return, we were still filling in the form and she obviously looked at the birth dates on her copy and said, "Oh, so you're father and daughter". I almost cracked up! STBEH immediately said "Nice" and retorted that we were husband and wife and so the lady said "Oh, it's just because you look so alike". Dig, dig, dig, DIG.... The whole was getting bigger...

STBEH and I look NOTHING alike! Anyway, neither of us said anything and after a little while this woman continued to say, "Yes, you really look very alike", by which time I was just wishing she'd shut the f*ck up and I'm sure STBEH was thinking exactly the same thing!

It reminded me of the time when we were still living in London. One weekend we popped into Metropolis Motorcycles in Vauxhall and I noticed that STBEH was eyeing up some kit, so the next week I returned to buy him some bits for his birthday.

The assistant said, "Weren't you here this weekend with your dad?". It really made me laugh. I must say that although STBEH is 22 years older than me, he looks a lot younger, so we didn't often have these kinds of comments, which is why I find it really funny when someone does say something.

Still waiting anxiously to hear back from my lawyer, but I suppose I've waited for so long that another day won't make a huge difference.

Take care
Madge

No comments:

Post a Comment