Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A rocking set by a legend!

Last night was one of the best party nights I've had in an extremely long time. Myself and the Hairdresser didn't know what we were letting ourselves in for, although we had an idea that it would be something between out of this world and f*ck me this is mind blowing!

Anyway, after parking a mile away and navigating through mud in torrential rain (no, I'm not overreacting one single bit), we finally got to the venue and already it was quite full.

By the time Master Armin started his set, the place was absolutely heaving and from here the party simply rocked! Time upon time, he just managed to lift the crowd into an even higher state of euphoria, people shouting, jumping up and down and pretty much besides themselves as the music took them on a rollercoaster ride beyond anyone's imagination.

I think what also made the difference was that Armin himself was so totally into it. Kept jumping up and down as if he, too, was a part of the crowd and being swept away in the floods of base and techno beats.

I have to take a moment to mention the idiot who tried to take a call on his cellphone right in the middle of the dancefloor - uh, so, how much of that conversation did you hear, dude?

The other thing that kept boggling my mind was the VIP areas and why one would actually want to pay the premium merely to sit far away from the stage?? I must say, I would've been totally pissed off if I'd paid extra and hardly even made use of the facility of having a comfy sofa to sit on when I never once actually sat down.

Anyway, Armin van Buuren, you totally rock and I know for sure I'll be buying your album at my next visit to the music store.

I have to spare a last word for James G, the DJ who's set followed the main event. James, it was a tough act to follow and was a bit nervous for you in the beginning, but I think you pulled it out of the hat beautifully, well done.

I'm sorry I don't have any photos for you as I left my cellphone in the car - somehow these kinds of things always seem to get nicked at these places. Next time though!

Madge x

2 comments:

  1. Lucky fish! I almost couldn't fall asleep Monday night knowing that he was laying down the tracks and I wasn't there! Can't wait to see some pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Madge, what a great party indeed!! I had not danced that hard and long in such a while, since the days of 96 and studio 47...sigh. But anyways, I bought VIP and realised that besides the speedy bar services, it was maybe a bit of a waste. The white couches were fine and so was the sound, but you just had to be in there with the rest of the crowd. Although the "Platimun Access" section would have been the vibe to have experienced. I can't wait for him to come again!!! PS: Check out his weekly radio show called, A State of Trance. Got him on my twitter list too!!! Earl

    ReplyDelete