Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Realising my strength

Well, after much sleep I'm feeling somewhat rested today, though not quite on form yet. Fortunately things at Wisteria Lane have been really good, considering the situation and STBEH and I seem to be getting along without arguing or tension - for now...

This whole divorce ordeal has, however made me stand back and evaluate myself as a person and amongst other things, I've realized just how strong I am as a person. I've always been the kind of person who doesn't struggle to much to make a decision, but also, once that decision is made, I'm confident enough to follow it through and rarely, if ever went back on that.

Some people may say that I'm stubborn as my brother-in-law did, which I think is very hurtful and inaccurate. Just because someone sticks to their decision, doesn't mean to say that they're being difficult!

I'm not a cold and insensitive person, but rather one who knows what she wants from life and will go out there do what I need to do in order to get it. I don't just sit back and wait for things to happen. I make them happen.

Selfish? Yeah, I've become so over the past few months. Though not in a malicious or nasty way which will hurt others. Unfortunately getting divorced is hurtful, I'll admit and if I could have done it differently, I would've, in fact, I tried my utmost to do it differently.

Oh well. I'm proud of who I am and of the person I've turned out to be and to those out there who think I'm cold and calculated, please try to get to know me first before making any further assumptions. You might just find that I'm one of the nicest people you've met.

Madge

No comments:

Post a Comment