Saturday, June 20, 2009

Goodbye Wisteria Lane

Things at Wisteria Lane came to yet another blow last night when STBEH decided to question my mothering skills... Apparently I need to take responsibility for the children as a parent, because I'm 'never' there.

Now, you can call me many things and I couldn't give a flying f*ck, but call me a bad mother and you've SERIOUSLY overstepped the mark. Things went seriously out of control when I lost the plot and without going into too much detail I'll merely say that STBEH took my car key, the front door key and wouldn't let me have the key to the safe where my wedding and engagement rings have been since March along with our passports.

I wish he would just f*ck off now back to the UK, since that's his plan anyway. I'll sell the house and the lawyers will transfer his money to him. Just piss off out of my life and that of the children because you don't deserve us.

I'm now staying at my mom's place while she's away in Jo'burg, but anticipate staying there for a while especially considering the schools are closing for a few weeks. I just can't do it anymore living with someone who I'm fast beginning to loathe.

His whole spieel of accepting the divorce is all a load of bull and now I feel I've done everything in my power to do it amicably, but obviously he's incapable of this as he's also incapable of most other things.

He's had the consent letter for my settlement suggestions for over six weeks now and has the gall to tell me I'm pressuring him! Thing is, the amicable settlement I've proposed is no longer going to be that amicable.

What amazes me most of all is how he still believes he can salvage this marriage, but his actions are that of someone who is super-destructive. Please excuse the rant, but this is pure anger and frustration coming out after a sleepless night.

To top it off I need to do work over the weekend, which is not an easy task when you don't have anyone to help with the kids, they're not in their own environment and have limited toys and worst of all, there's no DSTV or DVD player at mom's house.

Thanks to some good friends who are helping me out for a couple of hours, I'll hopefully get stuff done, because someone needs to earn money to keep the kids fed and clothed.

Not sure what to do about Fathers Day tomorrow. I can't be bothered to drive the half an hour to Wisteria Lane and don't really think he deserves it either. Why be nice just to get kicked in the teeth - AGAIN! Flip-side is I can drop the kids with him for a few hours and do some work, so there might be something in it for me. I'll decide, but it's not looking very favourable for him at this stage.

Thought I'd just mention that since he felt the urge to hide sets of keys from me, I decided to play the game and removed the ethernet cable from the modem, so he's stuffed and can't Skype, phone or use the internet until such time as I tell him where it is. Malicious?? Too bloody right.

Family in the UK: I've tried to do it the nice way. I've given him time and a lot of patience. I've done my best. His actions have got him where he is today. At no point did I ever give him false hope, but this time he's gone too far.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned and this woman has been scorned one time too many.

Madge

1 comment:

  1. Hi Madge
    Thank you for your wonderful blog! I became a reader of it today, and I love it. I am trying to get a divorce as well, although you have come further than me. Good luck! I hope things work out for you!
    Zelle

    ReplyDelete