Sunday, June 21, 2009

What a weekend

Well, I'm back at Wisteria Lane tonight. It was a tough decision to make whether to come back or stay away, but ultimately it came down to the responsibility of work. I tried to do as much as I could at Mom's place, but without having access to the internet I was rather limited.

It's also very difficult to take the kids out of their home environment as it's very disruptive to them let alone hard to entertain them.

While trying to do some work this afternoon, Miss Muffet fell asleep on my lap:


Bless!! She came to sit on my lap and next thing I knew she gently rested her little head on my arm as I was typing and fell asleep to the classical music from my iTunes.

Anyway, question is, what to do now? Well, first thing in the morning I'm speaking to my lawyer and getting the summons drawn up to kick this into touch once and for all.

Then I think I'm going to have to have a word with STBEH about him moving out. It's simply not an option for me to move out of the house with the kids and it will be much simpler if he rented something somewhere. It's very disruptive to them to be away from their home, however it's also very upsetting for them to be here with all of the fighting going on, especially since STBEH seems to ALWAYS pick the fights when the kids are around.

I'll admit, I shouldn't bite at it, and often don't, but sometimes you just can't help yourself. I'm only human after all... (there's a song in there...) The Killers - how apt?!

Also forgot to mention that I received a letter from STBEH's mother in the post on Friday asking me to reconsider. It seems she's completely unaware of the real reason for me wanting this divorce, but fortunately she's opened up the door for me to respond and I'll be able to tell her exactly what has been going on.

I'd love to know what he's been telling his family in the UK. I haven't had any contact with any of them for some time after his one brother proceeded to call me 'stubborn' a number of times in one conversation. I thought it would be better to keep my distance as they should rather support him and can't do it both ways.

Anyway, gotta get on with my work now, so will no doubt update you all very soon.

Madge x

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! Divorce is really tough, and with kids involved it's going to be even worse because you can never really have a clean break.

    ReplyDelete