Friday, June 26, 2009

Goodbye Jacko!

How could I not dedicate a post (well, part of one) to Michael Jackson, who, as I'm sure you already know, passed away yesterday at the age of 50. It's been so great listening to all of his classics on the radio.

Michael was a true inspiration to us all and many of us grew up with the 'King of Pop' in our homes. His sad physical transformation and strange ideas, let alone his penchant for entertaining small boys cast such a dark shadow over the life of this talented artist. You will be remembered for many years to come as one of the greats! Rest in peace Michael.

Went out last night for a few drinks and had a great time. It was exactly what the doctor ordered. Thanks to The Writer!

I did want to mention that we ended up in a bar in Durbanville called the Corner Bar where they have open mike sessions for aspiring rock bands every Thursday evening. A great crowd of people were there to listen to the talent on display, though the group that stood out for me was called the Jack Stone band. They did a great set and really impressed everyone. Nice one guys!

Jack Stone in action.

Still contemplating whether to go out tonight with The Fiery One. Since I had the kids all of last weekend, I think it should be ok for me to do whatever I like, but as we all know it's never quite that simple...

Tomorrow I'll be watching the rugby with a group of people for a friend's birthday, so looking forward to that.

Anyway, that's all from me for now. I hope you all have a great weekend and may the Boks kick some Lion butt tomorrow!

Madge

No comments:

Post a Comment