Saturday, April 11, 2009

This is it...

So, I wasn't sure I'd be able to come online over the weekend, and I almost didn't but here I am, so lucky you!

Well, up to now the Easter weekend has been rather uneventful and fairly relaxed. I had the most amazing day today which started off with a phone call from someone special this morning which kindof gave me the necessary encouragement I so desperately needed.

Later on, I packed up the kids (yes, there's 2) and went off to the Champagne and Oyster festival at Bloemendal. What a fabulous day! The weather was great, fizz was flowing and kids entertained. What more can you ask for??? Well, there are a couple of things, but I'm not that full of shit, so we'll leave it at that.

It was quite interesting that I happened to run into a VERY OLD acquaintance (he's not old, it's just been a long time) who I hadn't seen in 10 years. I went on a 5-day cruize with him and 2 others from Durban to Bazaruto in January 1999 and we haven't seen each other since. It was great reminiscing about the 'good 'ol days' and finding out what had happened to all the people from that time.

So, after a bottle of champers and a good catch-up, oh and after being TOTALLY embarrassed by the fact that my little boy got lost and I got called to the stage and pointed at as 'the drunk mommy who loses her kid' I can honestly say that a great day was had by all.

Now I need to prepare myself for tomorrow. My soon-to-be-ex husband returns from London after almost 3 months away and I'm picking him up from the airport, so please think of me. This next week is most certainly going to be a very emotional and difficult time, but I reckon I'll survive it and come out the other end guns blazing. It's merely a process which needs to be done. The end to an era, but also the beginning of a brand new life which I so desperately need.

If I had a glass in my hand now, I'd raise it, but I've decided that I'd had WAY too much for one day and need to be in some kind of state to deal with matters tomorrow, not that I honestly think tomorrow will be a major hurdle as he'd probably want to just get back and chill with the kids.

Anyway, if any of you want to buy a really nice 4-bedroom house on a golf estate, then please make yourselves known. I reckon the house selling is what will take the longest over and above everything else, so here's hoping someone falls madly in love with it very soon.

OK peeps, no doubt you'll be hearing from me on Tuesday.

Enjoy the rest of your long weekends!
M xx

No comments:

Post a Comment