Wednesday, April 15, 2009

If you love someone, set them free...

This has been my little mantra of late. So, last night the dam walls finally burst in a rather big way. What started off as a little conversation ended up in a full-on session, but one that simply had to happen sooner or later.

No, it wasn't a massive argument. It turned out to be a huge revelation and admission of guilt. It turns out that he finally sees what he's lost and now there's no way of getting it back. He admitted that I'd tried to tell him on numerous occasions and that all the warning signs were there, but while he was always chasing something bigger, he was losing what was in fact the biggest thing in his life. He heard me, but he never listened.

And now it's too late, so please set me free.

The weird thing is that through all of this I felt quite numb. I'll admit that a few tears rolled down my cheeks, but I wasn't really upset. I suppose I'd been upset for so long that I've already worked through my sadness and pain. Maybe I'm just a cold-hearted bitch! I don't think so.

Anyway, the good thing is that I think he realises that it's all too late and this will hopefully make matters somewhat easier going forward. He still brought me tea this morning though. I must sort this out - the tea thing, you know! I prefer coffee or juice, just in case any of you out there want to make a note for future reference...

This pic made me laugh recently and this is how I feel today:




No comments:

Post a Comment