Friday, April 24, 2009

Lunch with the team

Can only ever go one way... So, good food, a couple of bottles of wine between myself and another and the level of conversation dropping below that of pond scum and you really do have a perfect Friday afternoon setup.


The fact that I had a marathon 3-hour long meeting this morning, which went significantly better than I expected (I actually had a sleepless night about it...) followed by a rather tasty lunch at Canal Walk with my esteemed colleagues from Gambling HQ has ended up with me in a rather naughty mood!


The only f*ckup is that I have to go home tonight to bake birthday cakes for the kids' birthday party tomorrow! Right now, I really don't know how these cakes are going to end up as. Thank god I printed the rice paper decorations in advance or else these kids would've ended up with something rather scary looking, considering the state of their mother at this exact point in time...


Anyway, so between Eeyore and a Tomcat Fighter jet, I have to make these cakes look good. Oh and I have to actually MAKE these cakes!!!!







Anyway, I'm forfeiting my poker evening to bake for my little munchkins.

As for the weekend, I'm looking forward to an evening out with a bunch of girlies at Buena Vista Social Club at the Tyger Waterfront and we might even make a turn at Ku De Ta too on Saturday. Then going to inspect the One and Only hotel at the Waterfront and possibly making a turn at Caprice in Camps Bay on Sunday and on Monday, spending the day with my Prince Charming who's turning 4!!!

I will try my best to drop you all a line over the weekend when I have a spare minute, so please keep an eye out. I hope you all have a spectacular long weekend and don't do anything I would do... On the other hand, i won't be a spoil sport, so please, go ahead and have yourself a wild ball!!!

Madge xx

No comments:

Post a Comment