Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Sick children and sounds in the night

It started with a nasty sounding cough on Monday which progressively got worse and now it turns out my little Miss Muffet has croup! Poor baby AND poor mommy! Let's just say we've had a couple of long and restless nights. We were in hospital last night with MM being nebulized and getting adrenaline as she was struggling to breathe.

I'm pleased to say that she is significantly better this morning compared to last night, although still in pretty bad shape, which is why I'll be working from home today.

Just to top it all off STBEH was up during the couple of hours I actually did get to sleep, making a racket. It turns out he was angry and grumbling at himself for hating his life.

Now, the thing is that I do feel genuinely sorry for him and even though I didn't appreciate the rumblings in the night when I so desperately needed some rest, I also find it very frustrating because the reality is that he brought it on himself. The worrying thing for me is that he should do something dodgy (if you know what I mean). I know that is a decision one makes, but I can't help but think how guilty I would feel if he did, so this is what consumed my thoughts for the rest of the night.

Oh, he did come to my room too (yes, we're in separate rooms) and stood in the doorway. I asked him "What's going on?" to which he just said "I hate my life. Sorry I woke you" and then left. I contemplated getting up and listening to his story, but decided that MM would be needing me more today and that I should rather try to get some rest. Not that I did, but I tried.

Well, that's it from me for now. Chat later.

Madge

No comments:

Post a Comment