Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Shaking with rage

Let's get right to it: Yesterday it was kindly brought to my attention that STBEH has been spreading a rather vicious rumour with regards to the reason behind this divorce. It turns out that he's been saying that the real reason for this is because of another man. (In my life, not his, although, one might want to question that...)

I am currently only aware of one avenue that this goes back to, but am pretty positive that if he's said it to one person, he's said it to more than that and, as we all well know, this kind of rumour can certainly spread like wildfire.

Following hearing about this rather slanderous news, I've consulted with my lawyer and have decided to give him and this particular friend of his, who was all too willing to spread the news, until Friday afternoon at 16:00 to return to me either with concrete evidence which proves that I'm having said affair or provide me with written apologies.

Now STBEH can go to his friend and has a couple of days to sort this out or I will lay charges for libel. Reality is that I have absolutely NOTHING to lose by doing so and in it could really help set me up financially for when I'm on my own. If he wants to ruin my reputation, I'll play the game!

Furthermore, it turns out that the prick has STILL not signed the consent paper as now he's apparently querying something else within this. In fact, I'm really beginning to believe he's less of a prick and more of a word that rhymes with the smallest in the litter of dogs... (Work it out)

So, after all of that, it turns out that things are still not finalised and I'm still being strung along with his pathetic little game.

Fortunately the house is on show again this weekend and it sounds as if someone who's seen the house a little while ago might well be interested, so let's hope for the best. The sooner I don't have to see his sorry face every day, the better!

Madge

4 comments:

  1. As a guy I believe it is easier to accept that your wife would prefer to be with another man than realise that she would rather be alone than with you.

    Odds are beleiving this makes the rejection easier for him.

    Personally, if I was him I would be out of there long ago, might still be miserable, but at least I would be getting laid instead of saying "can we go to your place as I still live with my wife".... but that is just me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fair enough. I get that he'd like to THINK that, however spreading a vicious rumour that goes through 3-4 stints before getting back to me is unacceptable. And this is just from one avenue!

    Making me look bad because he can't deal with his own fuck-up is something I will not let go of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 100% Agreed... not excusing the behavior.

    STBEH hand must be tired by now

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word!

    Just stumbled on this site - you have been busy and I'm so sorry to hear about all the s**t you've been going through.

    Love to you and the kids.

    Angie x
    (Team Madge)

    ReplyDelete