Monday, August 24, 2009

Now that's what I call a weekend!

After a couple of quiet weekends, this weekend sure made up for it all! Went out on Friday night with some ex-colleagues and had a lovely time. We went to Fiesta in De Waterkant and I must say, the Fresca cocktails I had were divine (strawberry pulp, basil, vodka and cranberry), but the service not so much. We waited far too long for our drinks and when the waiter brought the bill, he couldn't took more for a tip than what was written down... and needless to say, after that you simply couldn't pin the bastard down to rectify the problem.

Anyway, that aside, I had a fab evening all round, so really can't complain.

On Saturday I went to see The Rat Pack at the New Space Theatre. This was an AMAZING show! I've seen the show in London and can't remember enjoying it as much as this. The singers/actors were phenomenal with stunning voices and every bit as entertaining as the real troupe would've been with all of the quirks and jokes to boot. I'd highly recommend this show, which has also been extended until the 5th of September due to popular demand.

Following the show, our group went to one of my favorite restaurants in town, Pigalle, where the food is always out of the books, service is smooth and atmosphere sublime.

Yesterday, STBEH asked me to do something with him and the kids for the day, so I agreed and we visited a couple of wine farms and threw in a visit to the Le Bonheur Croc Farm for good measure. We also visited Backsberg and the farm that's fast becoming my favorite, Vrede en Lust.

It would seem that the current winemaker at Vrede en Lust, Susan Wessels, is truly making her mark and one can certainly taste a distinct improvement and marked difference between her latest releases and those pre-Susan. My favorites on the day were the Chardonnay and Viognier, so with summer coming up, I'd highly recommend stocking up on these for your special occasions as they're not exactly your everyday drinking wines at R80 and R120 respectively.

The weekend was ended off with pizzas at La Romantica. So, fun was had by all.

On the homefront, I'm very pleased to say that the atmosphere has lifted considerably. STBEH and I seem to be getting on a lot better now that we've agreed the settlement - as I always said we would and I can almost say that things are pleasant. Spending the day together yesterday was quite awkward for me though. Not saying it wasn't a nice day, just awkward.

Furthermore I only have 8 more sleeps until the BIG event and I'm getting very excited now. I'll tell you all about it next Monday as I won't be posting for the remainder of that week, so keep an eye out for that.

I hope you all have a stunning week ahead.

Madge

4 comments:

  1. We went to see The Ratpack on Saturday as well, and it was my second time (I was the lady who was danced with Dean Martin and shared my drink with him!), and I have booked the third show for 4 September. I am telling everyone to see it - it is brilliant value for money, and a feel-good evening out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, yes, a truly amazing show. I went to the 5pm show and we were the birthday group at the back. Enjoy seeing it again, well worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im really glad things are looking up....But what the hell is happening! tell, tell, tell lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. C'mon give us some clues about the exiting event

    ReplyDelete