Friday, August 7, 2009

Bittersweet

Well, yesterday afternoon I had a phone call from my lawyer informing me that we have finally agreed the settlement. My initial emotion was that of elation, but this was soon replaced by a feeling of deep sadness.

Don't get me wrong, it's what I wanted, but it just upset me again that this all had to happen in the first place. I know STBEH's family probably think I'm the bitch from hell and that makes me sad, because I really love them. They've always been good to us and welcomed me into the family with open arms.

I hope that people understand that I'm doing this because I know it's the right thing for me and the kids. I know he's been talking to them and telling him his side of the story and that they probably think I'm only being "stubborn", but as we all know, there are two sides to every story and mine is no exception. Although I say a lot on this blog, there's a lot more that doesn't get said purely from the point of avoiding hurt.

Reality is, I married someone who I loved with all my heart and I would've gone to the end of the earth for. I also know that he loved/s me dearly, but unfortunately love is not enough. As sad as it might be, I still know I'm doing the right thing.

Next step is for us both to sign the final settlement agreement that my lawyer is emailing through this morning. Once that is done, the summons will be sent out and once STBEH has signed that, then I'll have to wait for a court date and that's that.

So, on that note I go into the weekend. Looks like it's going to be sunny and mild all weekend.

Madge

3 comments:

  1. hi daar. Bly om te hoor dit als kom nou tot `n einde en julle kan met `n nuwe chapter begin:) Dit is sad so dink aan jou en hom en kinders...Lekker naweek vir julle. Praat later baie liefde xx Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck finalizing everything, I wish you a sunny and happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you said a whole lot on this blog. It was a one sided slagging off of stbeh right from the start.
    The 'lot that was/and is not said' is not to avoid hurt, but to put all the blame on him.
    Pray tell how was hurt avoided?

    ReplyDelete