Tuesday, September 8, 2009

What to think?

Today I have my 1-week checkup with the surgeon and am really excited. Mainly to get the damn plasters off, because that means I can have a proper shower. Yay!

So, the atmosphere at home is pretty good again. For now anyway. STBEH told me yesterday that he will be signing the settlement agreement because "I want you to be happy". Now, what that means is anyone's guess and to be honest I'm not going to believe it until I see it.

The reality is, he definitely believes that a third party was the reason for this divorce and to be honest, I actually can't be bothered. As I said before, the people who matter know the truth and, most importantly, so do I. If it makes him feel better about it to think that it was my fault, then so be it.

Ironically, the person who I was pictured with, although being a nice guy, isn't someone I see myself with long-term and I'm pretty sure the feeling is mutual. But, as I said, he'll believe this, no matter what simply so as to not have to believe that the bulk of the fault lay with him.

What I definitely do want to mention is that I'm really pleased with the way he handled spending the last 6 days on his own with the kids. I think it was a good exercise anyway for bonding purposes. Since all this has started he's tried to make more of an effort to bond with Miss Muffet, who he didn't have much interest in before and I'm really pleased about that. She's also much happier and a lot less clingy to me because of it.

On a very different note, I'm very excited that The Fiery One's husband's (let's call him 'Rabbit' since I've never mentioned him on here before) Shiraz has won a very coveted Michaelangelo award. We don't know which one yet, so I'll let you know after the award ceremony, which is taking place on Saturday evening.

So, let's see what the rest of this week holds in store for us all and let's hope the sun comes back soon!!

Madge

No comments:

Post a Comment