Monday, September 21, 2009

The beautiful midlands

It's been years since I last visited Kwa-Zulu Natal province with all it's tropical splendour and amazing rolling hills, but this weekend reminded me, yet again, what a beautiful country this truly is.

Flying up there on Friday and driving to the stunning Tala Private Game Reserve situated between Durban and Pietermaritzburg also made me realise that I am indeed living in Africa. I think living in a modern city such as Cape Town does have a way of making you forget this fact. Something which was also quite obvious was the fact that there were no fences up anywhere to section off land.

Stayed in the Premier Suite of Paperbark Lodge, which was amazing as you can see...

The La Tala Restaurant was amazing too, with a sumptuous 5-course dinner prepared by their award winning chef and scrummy breakfasts. Their wildlife range is impressive with rhino, giraffe, wildebeest, lots of deer and buck, warthogs, hippos and much more.

My weekend was further kick-started by a phone call from my lawyer to inform me that the settlement papers have finally been signed. Funny that with all the previous milestones I had been quite upset, but after this phone call I merely felt relief. Last week was so horrible at home with things happening and an atmosphere that was severely strained at the very least, that the news had been pretty welcome.

This week she will be applying for a court date and she reckons we could have one as soon as the end of this month or early October! So, it looks like this stage of the journey is almost over. Now the house still needs to go.

I've got a moderately busy week ahead and hope that it holds even more good news in store for me.

Madge

No comments:

Post a Comment