Monday, September 14, 2009

How NOT to end a good weekend

And yes, I had a wonderful weekend. It was my weekend with the kids, so I'd planned to do a few things with them. On Friday evening we visited some neighbors who have got a new puppy, called Sasja - very cute.

On Saturday morning we were up early to meet some people at Doodles for rugby over breakfast and what a beautiful game it was! Well done Springboks for taking the Tri-Nations cup. We're proud of you.

Afterwards we went to the beach at Big Bay and then went to The Fiery One's place for the afternoon where the kids even ventured into the freezing pool!

Speaking of The Fiery One, I'm very proud to say that they scooped the top prize in their category at the Michaelangelo awards on Saturday evening. They won the trophy and double gold in the Garagiste category, which is for producers under 10,000 litres and the 'cellar' shouldn't be bigger than a large garage.

We subsequently had a celebratory braai at their place yesterday, which was a lot of fun. Well done Rabbit!

So, a good weekend was had by all, however last night I was yet again subjected to a barrage of STBEH's issues, tears, shouting, swearing and general drama. And all of this simply because I answered the phone to a guy. I'd also like to add that upon answering the phone, I went to my room to continue the conversation, out of earshot and in the attempt to be sensitive. So for four hours I had to deal with this ongoing barrage.

It really pissed me off that I had such a great weekend only to be ended by this kind of thing. Oh well, the best thing is to simply just sit there and take it. He kept telling me how insensitive I was being, however it wasn't insensitive when he never paid any attention to my pleas, requests or concerns. It's STILL all about him. All about what he wants and fuck the rest. How insensitive was he the day he said that he didn't want to see a marriage counselor "because it's not worth it"?! FUCK YOU!

Right, so now that's off my chest, I hope you all have a great week ahead.

Madge

No comments:

Post a Comment