Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The BIG day has arrived!

Well, the day that I've been waiting for for years has finally arrived and I can almost not believe it.

So, it is officially Spring Day here in South Africa, the sun is trying to shine in Cape Town, I'm finalising a few things as I won't be online for a few days as I'll be staying with Mom until at least Sunday and she doesn't have internet access, although I might try to get to an internet cafe near her home later in the week.

OK, without any further delay... *drum roll* I'm finally having a long-awaited boob-job!

Yes, unfortunately I was fairly small-breasted to begin with, but after breastfeeding two rather greedy babies, I've ended up being totally flat-chested and today is the day that all of that comes to an end.

A new season, a new life and a lovely set of boobs to accompany this! All I'm going for is the proverbial handful, so nothing huge, just very natural and feminine.

The Fiery One is picking me up at 11:30 and taking me to the hospital but my theatre time is only at 17:30, so it's still going to be a long wait today. I've had a HUGE breakfast and can still drink fluids for another hour. Then tomorrow Mom will be taking me home to give me all the TLC only a Mom can give. It will also help to be away from the kids, because I won't be able to pick them up for a little while, so at least I'll be able to recover without the stress of trying to explain to them why Mommy is hurting and in particular to Miss Muffet, why I can't pick her up.

I did tell Prince Charming last night that I was going to hospital to have an operation and that I wouldn't be around for a few days, so needless to say, I dropped him off at school this morning and he proceeds to tell his little friend that the doctor is going to 'cut Mommy's boobies'!! I nearly fell over I laughed so much.

So, cherio from me, when I come back I will be bigger and better!

Madge x

14 comments:

  1. mmm congrats and very exciting but surely a bit extravagant at a time like this when the money could have been put to better use renting another place away from your soon to be ex husband ? Not thinking of the kids much ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should have used the 20 000 to better use. If u're so hardup to get away from stbeh then why not use the money to pay rent in advance. Looks like YOU are the one who doesn't want to give up wisteria lane. While stbeh is fighting to keep his wife and children, stbew is being selfendulgent and selfish. Guess the not so doting daddy is looking after the kids then? Aren't u scared he'll hurt them? Wasn't that one of your reasons for the divorce in the first place? Or can't u remember? Seems to me all u're worried about is the dating game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you two anonymous cretins fukkof and leave her alone, in fact what the hell are you reading this blog for if all you can do is spew forth such malice. Have the guts to own up to your name instead of hiding away behind the safety of anonymity. UGH!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charleen, i can only presume u're under 30! I'd love to see you cope with real life once life's little realities creeps up on u. Grow up and smell the coffee! I cannot possibly compete with the bucket loads of malice stbew has "spewed" at stbeh!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Charleen gee maar net haar naam. En jou punt is? Jy is netso anonymous, charleen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What has my name got to do with anything ? (I posted the first post) and my name is James - Happy now ? There was no malice intended and I actually admire Madge for sticking to her guns over this whole thing. Just certain things don't add up like this boob job, and leaving her kids as the other anonymous said ? However much a boobjob costs must go a long way to setting herself up in a rented apartment or even paying for STBEH to go stay somewhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If any of you ignorant people had been reading and understanding this blog, you would understand that this is not about money. It is not for us to judge how Madge spends her money and I say good luck to her and admire her for sharing this with us. She is not jeopardising the welfare of her kids she always puts them first above anything else. The marriage is over, just accept this and let them both move on in their own way. I feel that some of you with your bitchy comments just need to move on as well. Take a leaf out of Madge’s book and start living life rather than finding fault with other people.

    ReplyDelete
  8. To the fool above, It may not be about money but it is about her getting her kids out of a situation that is not healthy for them - She has said so herself ? We will have to wait to hear why she took R20k or whatever and blew it on breasts when that is about 3 or 4 months rent...

    ReplyDelete
  9. So you're an expert on boob jobs and property prices? Get a life you creep!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I know boobjobs aint cheap and rent is about R6k a month for a 2 bedroom townhouse - Not rocket science.... Your argumentative skills aren't very good...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think that's a very well-timed boob job. Rolling in cash?

    ReplyDelete
  12. What I appreciate this blog is that its author is being honest and open and having the courage to actually say what she feels and is experiencing. Those feelings will evoke a whole lot of different responses in people - as they express in these comments. The reality is all of us have these complex inner worlds with bits that are selfish, naieve, vindictive and proud as well as our parts that are loving, gracious, selfless and wise.

    By writing out her thoughts, she is exposing what most of us simply keep private. So go for it I say. You're helping others to make sense of their reality.

    The one thing i've learned from experiences where people "hurt" or "betrayed" or "disappointed" me in some way is that the seeds of the experience were always to be found within myself and the resolution of the ill feelings always came from within. When we see how we are the sources of our own suffering and accept responsibility for how we create our own realities, forgiveness flows naturally.

    Good luck with finding that peace in your heart - and if I see you out one night I hope I get to squeeze your new boobs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been reading these comments with some interest, as a woman in my 40’s I went through a similar experience of divorce about 15 years ago. I can remember the feelings I went through that I had never experienced in my life such as hurt, anger, confusion along with numerous others. One thing I remember experiencing is a huge lack of confidence and as a woman I can understand how much this can affect you and your happiness.

    No-one goes into elective surgery without thinking things through seriously and I doubt that Madge hasn’t seriously considered her options. I for one, applaud her for taking such a brave step. If she is happy then her children will be happy and that is the priority at this difficult time.

    Good luck Madge, I wish you a speedy recovery from your operation and all the happiness for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  14. M,

    Yay!!!! I know this is something you have wanted for the longest time, and I think it could not have come at a better time! Perfect! I hope you are recovering nicely, will be in touch soon for a catch up!

    Love Nick x

    ReplyDelete