Monday, July 20, 2009

This is going to be a GOOD week!

Yes, I know it! And the one who tries to stuff it up for me has got another thing coming, because I'm going to make sure that things start turning up for me now.

I had the most amazing weekend and how could you not with temperatures reaching 24 degrees in the middle of winter?!

I took the kids to the beach on Saturday afternoon as well as Sunday morning after spending a lovely evening with my Mom. I simply couldn't believe that we were having such amazing weather in the heart of winter and realised yet again how blessed we are to live in the wonderful city of Cape Town.

For the locals, I can highly recommend a visit to Big Bay (near Blouberg Strand) where there is a stunning new development with restaurants and some shops. The views of Table Mountain and the ocean are wonderful and there are huge lawns where the kids can play safely while you sip at a cocktail.

I must say, if it wasn't for a prior lunch arrangement, I'd definitely have stayed for the day as it was just absolutely perfect!

Before the only real place to have drinks would be at the famous Blue Peter Hotel, which I noticed was being revamped. It desperately needed some tlc, so I was glad to see that the owners were finally doing something there and considering this new development, they have now got some serious competition - which isn't always a bad thing.

I hope your weekends were as good as mine.

Madge

No comments:

Post a Comment