Sunday, July 5, 2009

It's a sunshine Sunday

Well good morning ya'll although I must say I'm not in the cheeriest of moods after 2 nights of very little sleep. I took the kids to stay at my mom's place for the weekend simply to get away from the atmosphere at home not only for myself but for the kids too - the atmosphere can't be good for them.

Anyway, simply couldn't sleep on Friday night clocking only three hours. I had a nice day though, popped to the gym, went to Builders Warehouse with mom to buy some paint (I offered to paint her inside walls for her as they desperately need it), visited a friend I hadn't seen in a while and went to visit another friend's daughter who is in a clinic.

Last night, however Miss Muffet kept having bad dreams and woke me up a number of times, so not ideal. You reach a stage where you just get grumpy from lack of sleep. Overall though it was a nice break and I got to spend some quality time with my mom too. It was quite obvious though how my stomach tightened up as I was getting closer to home this morning.

Going out to see the Rocky Horror Picture Show this afternoon and really looking forward to it. I'm sure I'll snap out of my mood for that.

Anyway, also been catching up on the comments you guys have been leaving over the weekend and firstly, thanks for your opinions. Secondly, I'd just like to take the opportunity to remind you all that no one is forcing you to read this. I'm using this tool as my personal emotional outlet and as a place where I can vent my anger and frustrations. My friends know they can come and read this to know where I am emotionally and what I'm experiencing without me having to relay the latest detail to them one by one, over and over again.

If you don't like it then please don't torture yourself to read it. The fact that people are spreading the news about this blog because they feel it's entertaining, or can gain some personal strength in knowing that they're in a similar situation, but are not alone is something that I never anticipated and don't have a problem with. I'm not doing this to 'get a pat on the back'. I don't need a pat on the back, although I'm not saying that I don't find it supportive.

On the flip side, as I said before, there are always negative people around, who are out to put others down at every turn. People who can't do anything positive for themselves and can't stand seeing other people deal with life in a way that works for them. Fortunately I don't let these kinds of people get to me because they're simply not worth it. I'm a bigger and better person for it.

Anyway, I hope that you enjoy the rest of your weekends.

Madge

4 comments:

  1. I get the same knot in my stomach every night when I head home after work. I hope one day to find the strength you have, and get my life sorted out. You are certainly an inspiration to me.

    It's great that you have this as a place to vent, and I hope that you can ignore the negative comments and continue to blog, because you are helping others in the same situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey hun,

    It's exactly comments like these I'm referring to in my post. Stay strong and know you're not alone. I will never let anyone get me down, least of all the inferior people who feel the need to kick others when they're down!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Madge, I love your blog and seriously think that people who come here to diss you actually have no gumption at all. In fact they no doubt do not have the balls to say it to your face so they hide in anonymity. Sad pathetic creatures. Just go for it becuae despite everyhing a lot of us are living vicariously through you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just enjoy what you have to say...

    kick him under his bum and love life again.

    for additional counseling call me on 021 555 5555.

    you are a beautiful person

    ReplyDelete