Sunday, July 12, 2009

Fun and emotions

Let's start with the fun bit and yesterday's amazing time at the Bastille Festival in Franschhoek. Mom and I drove through for the day and though initially we were somewhat apprehensive at the potential weather conditions, it actually turned out to be a stunning day with rain only descending on us once we were in the car and driving back home.

We had a fabulous breakfast and enjoyed the stalls selling all kinds of things from A-ntiques to Z-ebra skins. Then at mid day as the main food and wine marquee opened up, we made sure to grab ourselves some chairs in a good spot and with our stomachs nicely lined, started the wine tasting in all earnest.

To me, the wine that stands out most of all was the stunning Rose from Vrede en Lust. Made from Pinotage and Shiraz grapes, it was a beautifully fruity wine with flavours of watermelon and strawberries.

We also ended up drinking a couple of bottles of the Pierre Jourdan Belle Rose bubbly. Yum, yum, yum...

Pierre Jourdan - Cuvee Belle Rose

Anyway, I'm feeling a little down today and although I'm willing to accept that I might be slightly hung over, though I feel ok having drunk a ton of water before going to bed.

I think the reality is that I NEVER imagined that this divorce process would be as emotionally draining and frustrating as it has been. I'm not saying that I would've done anything differently, but it's certainly been one of the hardest things I've had to do. It hasn't always been easy to stay strong and I've had times when I've really struggled emotionally.

So, I'm a little bit tearful this morning, just wondering when this whole ordeal will finally come to an end so I can start to get on with my new life as a single mother and deal with all of the challenges that may hold.

Madge

No comments:

Post a Comment