Sunday, July 26, 2009

A great weekend, but now I'm ill

Which is probably better than getting that dreaded sore throat around Wednesday which ultimately means that you'll be at your worst by Saturday and your weekend is a non-event. It was my weekend off again with regards to the kids, so I went to stay with Mom on Friday just to get away.

On Saturday morning I did a fantastic publishing seminar hosted by New Voices Publishing and Perform! Marketing. I have to say it was an excellent morning and it has really helped me a lot with regards to knowing what to expect from the whole publishing process, the costs, timelines and expectations I should and shouldn't have.

In the afternoon I went to a braai/housewarming party of a friend and had a ball. I knew about 4 people there and enjoyed meeting some new folks who were all really nice and fun. Had a bit of a glitch later on when I turned a bend and hit a MASSIVE rock that was obviously put there by some stupid kids and burst my tyre. Fortunately it was just around the corner from my friends' house and I had a couple of people in the car with me, so a couple of the guys managed to sort it out for me - THANKS! However, to the little shits who put the rock there all I have to say is 'Karma'!

Today, however I've been feeling rather crap and before anyone says 'hangover', I can assure you it's not. I just wasn't in one of those drinking moods last night. Instead I definitely have a cold and am feeling a little sorry for myself, so have been in bed for most of the day and STBEH even made me a cup of green tea this afternoon. Funny thing is we've actually had a semi-kind of conversation today, although when I told him I was feeling crap and had a cold, he was questioning whether I was merely hung over instead and then when he asked me about what had happened to the car and I told him, I got a sideways look. At the end of the day I have no reason to lie to him, so he just needs to think what he wants, it makes absolutely no difference to me whatsoever.

This week should be good, I'm sure and I'm looking forward to what it holds in store. I hope your weekends and weeks ahead are great too.

Madge

No comments:

Post a Comment