Monday, July 27, 2009

Sniff-sniff

After spending most of the day in bed yesterday, I'm feeling a fair bit better today, although still not quite on form. Fortunately it's just a silly head-cold which will pass in time. I'm even giving the gym a skip, which is probably the right thing to do.

This week is yet another busy one with lots happening and hopefully finalisation on the settlement matter. It would seem that we're 95% there, but the last sticking point is with regards to the actual maintenance, which STBEH had previously agreed to and now it seems he wants to pay less. The thing is that he's trying to spite me, but in turn he's affecting his children.

My maintenance request is EXTREMELY fair and can merely cover some of the children's expenses. Anyway, I've conceded on some of the points, but I'm afraid that there are certain things that I simply cannot let go. The reality is that the combined monthly maintenance figure for both of the kids is less than half of what he used to pay for his daughter from his first marriage 4 years ago!

Ok, I know that we lived in the UK then and that things are more expensive there, but only to an extent. Things cost what they cost and I just don't understand that he doesn't want to commit to his fair share of the kids' expenses.

Anyway, I'm hoping that this little rant will be irrelevant when I hear back from the lawyer and that he's realised that I'm merely being fair.

Well, I hope you all have a great week.

Madge

No comments:

Post a Comment