Friday, October 30, 2009

Tantrums from adults

I was invited to one of my neighbors' work function last night. It was themed Octoberfest and was good fun with eisbein, bratwurst, pretzels, some dodgy German music and even authentic Paulaner beer in kegs.

I must admit, I didn't think it was going to be as late as it was, but it was so much fun and after the week I've had, I really needed to let my hair down somewhat.

But what really shocked me was seeing how a successful, intelligent man who must be in his 50's, throw a tantrum over a game of pool! Everyone was having a good time. People were joking around, doing silly things to distract the person who was shooting, but when it was done to him he just totally lost it!

He threw such a strop, if it were a strop-contest between him and either of my kids, he'd win first prize hands down. Hell, I think he'd put most kids to shame!

Anyway, I'm off again to Mom's for the weekend. The weather forecast is beautiful, so I reckon a little trip to the beach will be in order...

Madge

No comments:

Post a Comment