Tuesday, November 10, 2009

What's in the stars

I've always had a mild fascination in the stars and signs of the zodiac and I've always been convinced that there are certain genuine character traits within each of the twelve signs that are absolutely true to the person that is being represented.

Except for those who are born on the cusp of a sign - within 2 days of the change of a sign and can represent a mixture of both signs, I also realise that there are further differentiating factors within each sign depending on the actual birth date and what the ruling planet is at that time.

Coming out of a marriage and now moving into a new relationship, it's made me turn to the stars for some guidance.

As born sagittarius, I've researched my character traits according to the stars and I must say, I'm a classic case sag and very proud of it.

The problem I'm having at this point is whether there's much truth in the zodiac compatibilities of the various star signs. Some signs are more compatible than others, i.e. Sagittarius being a fire sign is said to be most compatible with Leo and Aries (also fire signs).

I know one shouldn't base any major decision making on this kind of thing, but I also know that EH's sign and the sag aren't particularly compatible on a marital level, but is said to be great for friendship and I tend to agree with this. Over and above the issues we've had over the past few months, I've always said that I'm sure we could still be friends. Unfortunately now I'm not sure that would be possible any more given the extent of the situation, but then I've also learned that the saying "Never say never" is very relevant.

I'd love to hear some of your opinions on this matter in the comments section.

Madge

2 comments:

  1. wel moet se, baie van die traits klink soos ek,maar dan ook aie negatiewe goed daar! hmm guess niemand is perfek!xDoreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's so much in the stars! I've had a handful of relationships, of which two have been with people who are supposed to be matches according to the zodiac.

    One is now my husband and the other was my first love. My husband and I are very much in love and compliment each other in all kinds of ways.

    The relationships with guys who were opposing signs were ultimately very destructive to both parties.

    I'm not saying that you should only go by what the stars say, but I think there's a fair amount of truth in it and it's worth keeping it in mind.

    ReplyDelete