Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Nudity

People have varying opinions on nudity and their bodies. It's funny, just this morning we were talking about it at my yoga class and were saying that there are apparently people who do nude yoga classes. Personally I can't imagine that as I'd be laughing so much and even more so, would in no way get into some of the positions in the nude in front of complete strangers.

My opinion on nudity is that it's the most natural form for a human being to be in. We've all got jiggly bits (some more than others) and we've all got the same parts of anatomy.

At home I'm very comfortable walking around naked in front of my kids and will continue to do so until one day one of them gets uncomfortable with it, at which point I'll respect that.

I think what's most important is to not have a stigma about our bodies and more specifically, to give our kids body image issues. More and more we hear about little girls aged 9, 10, 11, who are dieting and even becoming anorexic, because of the pressures that society put on us to be physically perfect.

Also, there's the issue of not feeling confident in your own skin. This can also be passed on to kids.

Anyway, what brought this whole subject about is a story I've been asked to write for an annual photo competition. They're doing their promotional shoot and the organiser has asked whether I'd write the story, but also whether I'd like to be part of the whole event.

It's going to be held at a very secluded restaurant and the whole idea is for it to be in the style of Calendar Girls, where certain body parts are obscured by tables, wine bottles and glasses, menus, flowers, etc.


I think this is going to be such a larff! Logistically it could be a nightmare as it would seem there are going to be roughly 30 people in this shoot, but I'm sure it could be stunning if it is done well.

Some may frown upon this and others, like me, will see the potential fun that could be had (and no, I'm not referring to any dodgy orgies or anything sinister like that), wining and dining at one of the top restaurants in the country 'au naturel'. All of the people involved will have been vetted and are professionals who have a little bit of an exciting and daring side to them.

I'll let you know how it went.

Madge

No comments:

Post a Comment