Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I'm finally a divorced woman

Yes, the long wait is at last over and now I can move on to an extent. The actual court proceedings went fine. I was, understandably, very nervous and quite distracted. The day itself didn't start off too well, because Miss Muffet accidentally put her little hand on the hot stove as Mom was making the kids porridge and was very shaken and upset by that. Poor little mite!

Then we were stuck in the most appalling traffic into town, but we got there on time and sitting in court, listening to all of the other cases before me, I soon gained my composure and when my turn finally came, it was merely a matter of answering the simple questions from my advocate as well as one from the judge himself and then it was all over.

I must admit, I fell to pieces somewhat when we left the court, but that is understandable to. Luckily I had my Mother and The Fiery One by my side to comfort me. Even though it is what I've been striving for over several months, it is not something I thought I'd ever have to do.

We went to a nice restaurant by the beach and The Hedge Fund Manager and The Posh Mommy joined us for a few bottles of bubbly and a good meal, which soon distracted me and made me feel much better.

So, here begins the rest of my life and I'm sure that there will be so many happy times. There will almost certainly be tough times in between, but that's ok too!

Thanks to everyone for your support over the past few months. I've decided to keep writing for now and keep you all up to date what's happening in my life from here.

Madge

2 comments:

  1. Dearest Madge,
    Congratulations and good luck, I soooooo hope you find the peace and happiness you deserve. Totally chuffed you are going to carry on with the blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for all your support! Not sure who you are, but it's all been very much appreciated.

    x

    ReplyDelete