Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Complaint to AAD Nissan Milnerton

Dear Sir,

I recently had my Navara serviced at AAD Nissan Milnerton and subsequently had the clutch and hydraulic steering pump replaced.

Firstly I’d like to start by commending the service of one of your service centre staff, Rxxx, who was always very helpful and friendly. The work was done quickly and I’m happy with the result.

However, now to the negative side of things. Last Friday when the Navara’s work had been completed I had a phone call at about 10:00 from Rxxx to tell me that the vehicle was in the wash bay. I made the EFT payment for the outstanding amount and Rxxx informed me that there was only one driver that day, but that they’d be happy to send this driver to pick me up so I could pick up my car.

I didn’t have a problem with this and asked him to inform me when the driver was coming over.
A little later, at about 12:20, Axxx called to tell me that the driver was leaving to come and pick me up. Then, about five minutes later, she called again to say that there was in fact someone else who is able to drive the Navara back. I was absolutely delighted as it would save me an immense amount of time and hassle!

Twenty minutes later, Axxx called again to say that the driver in the Navara had returned to the dealership because there wasn’t enough petrol in it. I find it odd, because the fuel gauge light hadn’t even come on yet when I dropped the vehicle off, so it could’ve only come on while he was driving it, which would’ve meant it would have had more than enough in it to get to me.

Alternatively, wouldn’t it have been simpler to just call me, tell me it was running low on fuel and I would’ve most likely said, put in R50 and I’ll reimburse it when the vehicle gets to me?!
So, I asked Axxx when I could expect the other driver. I would’ve thought that he’d be close by this time? It was now 12:50. Axxx rang me back to say that the driver was about 20 minutes away?! Fine.

Around 13:30 I get a phone call from the driver, Ixxx. He was shouting so loud that I couldn’t hear him. I asked him where he was and he was in such a fluster that he didn’t even know. I asked him to stop shouting at me as I would potentially be able to hear what he was saying. He apologised. The phone went dead.

Ten minutes later he still hadn’t rung back, so I called him. I worked out where he was – only 3 minutes away and explained to him that he had to cross the traffic lights, turn right after the police station, keep right where the road splits and carry on until he practically drives into the gates of my estate. Not exactly difficult!

Ten minutes later he’s still not here. I call him again. He doesn’t know where he is.
The next time I ring him he tells me he’s in front of my house. I go outside, he’s nowhere to be seen. Still on the phone I ask him outside which number he was. He said, number 11. I’m no.6… I take a look at number 11. Nothing there either.

Turns out he was at number 11 of the street in which my estate is located. By then I was getting rather agitated, putting it mildly. I pointed out to him that I lived on an estate as I’d told him at least twice before. Then he proceeded to tell me that the address on his sheet was incorrect. I doubted it. I then tried, YET AGAIN, to explain to this man how to get to my estate.

FINALLY he got here. It was 14:20 – three hours after the first phone call to inform me that a driver was on his way! By this time, I’m fuming from waiting around, my kids are getting tired as they’re used to taking an afternoon nap at this time of day and now I still have to drag them along for an hour-long road trip to pick up the Navara.

Once I was in the car with the driver I asked him to show me what address he’d had. Turns out it was the correct address, clearly stating that it was an estate.

Sir, I don’t want to sound difficult, but I would really have thought that this driver could read properly, given that he has a drivers license. I was totally disgusted and though he was very apologetic, I just don’t think it is in order to mess a client about for three hours who’s just spent R33,000 with Nissan (after being quoted approximately R28,000 for the job, but that’s another story!).

Surely these drivers get some kind of training. In all this time he only made one phone call to me and I had to call him SIX times until he eventually got to me. It was obvious he didn’t listen and couldn’t really give a stuff.

Also with the Navara not having enough fuel. Surely it would’ve been so easy to just call me or the dealership and get authorisation to put a small amount of fuel in? I’m totally gobsmacked by this treatment and am afraid I can’t recommend AAD Nissan Milnerton to anyone in future nor will I feel confident to take my vehicle there for any future services or repairs purely on the basis of bad customer care.

I trust you will look into this matter and deal with it accordingly.

Yours sincerely

Madge

2 comments:

  1. Update:
    The service manager from AAD Milnerton has contacted me and arranged to come and see me personally tomorrow morning. Will update you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit i have had similar experiences with Axxxx. They all come across very nice, but are absolutely clueless!! No idea about service delivery.
    My car is currently at their workshop for the 5th time this year. I only bought it in March this year. They never have a courtesy car available. I will never buy a Nissan again.

    ReplyDelete