Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I don't get it - still!

So, yesterday was STBEH's first day in his office and since he's out of the office/4th bedroom, I decided to move my little rig into it from the dining table. Six months ago when he returned from the UK to come and deal with the divorce he refused to move out of the main bedroom, so I moved out.

I put Prince Charming into the 4th bedroom and took his bedroom over, but he's always hankered after his old room, but unfortunately since the 4th bedroom doesn't have any wardrobes in, it didn't make sense for me from a logistical perspective.

Anyway, in the meantime there have been many fights and arguments at bedtime when PC would want to sleep in his daddy's bed, when I have ALWAYS insisted that the kids sleep in their own beds. It's a routine thing in part. So, I would say no, but STBEH would just say, "If he wants to sleep in my bed, he can". Systematically I just gave up, knowing that once I move out, I'll be able to re-establish the routine.

So, last night, PC was so excited about having his old room back again, he went to bed in there quite happily.

STBEH popped across the street to visit his dickhead friend and when he returned the kids were both in bed already, although it would seem that Miss Muffet wasn't quite asleep when he returned and since I was on a Skype call to The Photographer in London, she called for someone at which point he quite happily took her from her room and put her in his bed! She NEVER sleeps in his bed!!! Then he had the audacity to tell me not to be silly and put her back in her room. I ended up leaving her just because I was so extremely angry at his insolent behaviour.

He's obviously doing this to piss me off, but yet again it's just proof of this idiot's total disregard for the welfare of his kids. He would rather mess around with their routine just in order to get to me, when all I'm doing is trying to keep their routines as simple and uncomplicated with the least amount of fights as possible, so that they at least feel settled.

The same with MM's potty training that I'd started last week while she was on holiday from school. She was doing so well, but when the weekend came and he was left to do it, he simply couldn't be bothered to just remind her on a regular basis to use the potty, so she kept making accidents and he then just decided to put her nappies back on. Nice, dad!

Right, so that's my rant for the day. Only 5 more days that I have to refer to him as my husband, thank god.

Now, something to cheer us all up:


Madge

No comments:

Post a Comment